Friday, June 28, 2013

A dinner, A date but its already too late!

I sat and ate with my lovely bride
Poured out words long hid inside

Pain, fear, and anger drive her away
A new man now I wish her to stay

But HER marriage is lost without a trace
And it cant be rebuilt upon the old base

For her peace, comfort and safety sure
New friendship must be built true and pure

No signs of the old man that I used to be
Can be found anywhere for her to see

For her love again we must become friends
Once we have that who knows how it ends

If she never comes back as my sweet wife
I pray good friends we will be for life



Composed at 7:29am 6/28/2013
What lead to this poem?
Dinner with her the night of 6/27 at Applebee’s.
Just her and I sat and talked for over an hour.
We talked and laughed and shared our hearts.
I spoke to her of my unending love and regret.
She spoke to me of her battle inside.
She spoke to me for the first time about her best girl friend.
Details long hidden for fear of my coldness and anger.
She spoke of needing to leave to see IF she wanted to come back.
I will NOT hinder her plans to escape.
With what I have done to her over the years she has earned the right.
After dinner we went to Autozone and she picked out new wiper blades.
I installed them for her.
Dropped her off for a 10 minute tan.
Picked up dinner for our 15 year old.
Got a movie at redbox from grocery.
Went home got in bed and watched it.
Spent over 2 hours massaging her feet, legs, butt, back, neck and head.
I might not ever get her back but I will be she will be able to say that last 5 months of our marriage she was loved and adored!




No comments:

Post a Comment