Friday, June 28, 2013

The prison I built for another

The prison I built is an impressive edifice.
The moat that guards it is filled with the vilest of sewage from my imagination.
The drawbridge is as long and narrow as my mind.
The outer walls are massive black granite blocks as hard as my heart.
The stairs leading down are as steep and slippery as my words.
The door to the cell is as massive, twisted, and bent as my views on life.
The cell is as dark, dank, moldy, and black as my lusting soul.
The fetters and chains on the wall are as heavy and sharp as my sin.

I sought to bind her in this place till my will be done.
Now I sit in her place wearing the chains of disgrace.
Praying the God's mercy and love change her heart.
So that one day we can become one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment